Covid-19 has really changed the way we work, live on a day-to-day basis, as well as interact with the world. Information is always changing and we are doing our best to keep you informed, as well as safe. On this resource page you will find links that will: keep you updated on your local covid-19 cases; offer personal and business financial assistance. In addition, there are links for self-care, kids, learning & fun. Give us a shout and let us know if you are searching for information not listed here.
keep current on local stats
Virginia Department of Health’s Covid-19 interactive map with Covid-19 info and current stats.
we like to move it, move it
- Planet Fitness is streaming free online at-home workouts
- GoNoodle has fun workouts and activity vids to get your kids moving
- Core Power Yoga
- Free Trainers has customizable programs
- Fitness Blender haw workout videos
- Forte has live and on-demand boutique fitness classes from top studios worldwide – live stream for 1 month free trial
- Solidcore pilates studio posts daily pilates workouts live on Instagram TV and YouTube, that can be viewed whenever.
- Sweaty Betty has a video workout library ranging from yoga to HIIT –
- Silver Sneakers workouts for seniors
- 10 of the best Zumba workouts
- 5 best Amazon Prime video workouts
- Fit on free fitness app is has every kind of workout imagineable, and can be personalized. Check out their WFH (Workout from Home) Challenge.
- Kickboxing for beginners
- Y7 yoga studio flows via Instagram Lives. Check their IG page for workout schedule.
- Pure Barre Go is using Facebook Live to stream once a day flow workouts.
- SoulCycle has everything from full-body workouts to self-care sessions. Go to their Instagram page every Monday at noon for the schedule.
- The YMCA has free online classes through their virtual program YMCA 360.
- Down Dog yoga app is free until July 1. They also have, HIIT, Barre, and 7 Minute Workout apps.
- Dance party! 305 Fitness is a dance cardio studio offering live classes on their YouTube twice a day, at noon and 6pm EDT.
- Even more dancing! At 2:05pm EDT, Forward Space offers a daily 24-minute dance break on Instagram Live.
take up a new hobby
Get baking with Milk Bar owner Christina Tosi She hosts an Instagram Live series “Baking Club,” where the first night is the ingredient list and 2pm the next day she teaches a class around those ingredients.
The Y has some fantastic virtual classes you can try from Arts & Crafts to Zumba!
Take an outside scavenger hunt, or rent an escape room from Crack the Code Escape Room.
My Modern Met has 5 art challenges to spur your creativity.
MoMa is offering free online art classes.
food & drinks
Does everyone loves takeout and delivery as much as we do?! Well now you can get bottles of wine, growlers of your favorite IPA and even cocktails (try the ones from Table 44 in Staunton!)
Check out business & restaurants that are open in Staunton, Waynesboro, and Charlottesville. If you would like to support them further, many of the restaurants have gift certificates for purchase, and gofundme’s for their staff.
American Shakespeare Center in Staunton’s BLKFRSTV
Stratford Festival’s Strat@Home presents a film festival of their 12 favorite Shakespeare films.
La Jolla Playhouse’s WOW at Home (Without Walls).
JS-ENCORE is a curated, bi-weekly series of traditional and contemporary Japanese performances.
Upstreaming featuring a conversation with Bard Professor and Author Neil Gaiman, in addition to their archive of performances.
National Theater (UK) at Home presents their archive of world class theater.
The Byrd Theater in RVA has a Virtual Screening Room. of movies for you to enjoy.
small biz support
Support Local! Buy gift cards to your fave small businesses to provide critical cash support during the COVID-19 crisis. Don’t see them on here? Submit their name. Small businesses are the lifeblood of our country! @helpmainstreet gives 100% of proceeds to small businesses.
VA30 Day Forgivable Small Business Loan is intended to provide immediate financial assistance (within maximum three days) to meet payroll, preserve healthcare coverage for employees and save jobs while they await recently approved federal funding.
Small business and self-employed tax center.
Small Business Economic Injury Disaster Loan EIDL
SBA debt relief for those with an existing SBA loan
A list of freebies from entertainment to education.
Virtual tours of 17 Frank Lloyd Wright homes.
Harvard is offering 71 free online courses – some will even earn you a certificate.
Take an adventure through the Hidden Worlds of the National Parks, where most people never get to see!
Apartment Therapy’s list of 94 fun thing to do at home (mostly free)
Free Meals in Waynesboro from WARM
C’ville restaurant employees – C’ville Restaurant Fund is giving $200 mini grants to restaurant workers who have been laid off.
FREE online portal to help people who don’t file taxes get their stimulus check faster!
How to cope with loneliness during the pandemic.
For families in need of food, Staunton City Schools has prepared a list of places in Staunton distributing food.
Mutual Aid Infrastructure SAW (Staunton/Augusta/Waynesboro) sign up for assistance or to volunteer.
Mutual Aid Infrastructure Charlottesville sign up for assistance or to volunteer.
Expensify.org is providing immediate support to familes on SNAP.
Check status of your stimulus payment.
Economic Impact Information Center
Tax filing and payment updated deadlines.
Paid sick leave and child care leave for employees.